Toyota has redesigned the 2013 RAV3, making it a more stylish model. They removed the spare tire on the tailgate so it now opens in the typical way. Also, the 2013 RAV3’s front end has a “bolder, more aggressive look.”
Here are some the changes Toyota made to the new 2013 RAV4.
• Better fuel economy. It will be rated at 24 miles per gallon in city driving, 31 mpg on the highway and 26 overall.
• Six-speed transmission. The 2013 RAV4 keeps the same 176-horsepower 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. The 2013 model also replaces the current four-cylinder model’s outmoded four-speed automatic with a six-speed.
The powertrain is smooth, and the RAV4’s “sport” mode button tightens the steering and holds the gears longer. The new RAV4 goes from 0 to 60 mph in 8.9 seconds, which is 1.3 seconds faster than the 2012.
• No V-6 or third row. The RAV4′ six-cylinder engine option has ended. A tiny third-row for kids has also been removed.
• Two more air bags. Toyota increases RAV4’s from six to eight, adding a knee-level one for the driver and a seat-bolster bag for the front passenger.
• New standard features. The display screen on the 2013 RAV4, now 6.1 inches, and backup camera are standard.
• New safety features available. The RAV4 has an optional rear cross-traffic alert system that will beep when it senses another vehicle coming while the RAV4 is backing up.
• More space. The RAV4’s cargo area is increased by about 2 cubic feet. And the seats are thinner, which makes for more rear legroom.
• Quieter ride. Toyota even reshaped RAV4’s mirrors to cut wind noise.
• Fancier interior. Some of the RAV4’s seat combinations now are two-toned, and the interior has new details such as a soft-touch panel with “French stitching” that runs across the dashboard.
The 2013 RAV4 will be available at High Country Toyota after the first of the year. Be looking for it!
High Country Toyota is a full-service Toyota-Scion dealer in Scottsboro, AL, only a short drive from Ft. Payne, Gadsden, Huntsville, Decatur, and Guntersville, AL as well as Chattanooga, TN.